Mount Waverley Secondary College, Mount Waverley, 3149
Mount Waverley is a residential suburb in the City of Monash, Victoria, Australia 16 km south east of Melbourne’s CBD.
Mount Waverley is notable for a few things, one is the Mount Waverley Secondary College which is one of the largest and, according to NAPLAN, the best performing public schools in Victoria. The school first opened in 1964.
It has received international attention for design and learning capacity and teaches an extensive curriculum including subjects from VELS (Victorian Essential Learning Standards), VCE (Victorian certificate of Education and VET Subjects (Victorian Vocational Education & Training).
The school has excellent facilities; indeed the facilities have won numerous awards including:
- International CEFPI Award – Best new construction of a major facility
- Australian Chapter of the Council of Education – Award for Facilities Design
- The Project of Distinction Award by the Council of Educational Facility Planners International (CEFPI) for Best Middle School/Junior High
Mount Waverley Secondary College's Student Leadership Teams have won numerous awards, including:
- Australia's Team Leadership Award for Students (ATLAS) from Halogen Australia
- Department of Education and Training SRC of the Year award from the Victorian Student Representative Council (VicSRC)
- Group Action Award from the Victorian Student Representative Council (VicSRC) (second runner-up)
Next Article Waverley Gardens Shopping Centre