Smart Cleaning Solutions has invested heavily in preparing for the introduction of the new Labour Hire Scheme in Victoria.
As one of Australia’s most successful and accountable cleaning businesses, we understand the importance of Labour Hire licensing to our continued operation, and are doing everything we can to ensure we are compliant with the new Scheme by 30 October 2019.
We also understand the importance of assisting the businesses we work with us to understand their obligations under the Scheme. It hasn’t been an easy process for us, and it may prove complex for other businesses too.
Before we go on, if you haven’t heard much about the Scheme, here are some main points to remember:
- The purpose of the Labour Hire Scheme is to protect workers from exploitation from unlicensed labour hire providers, and from ‘hosts’ (the businesses that employ staff from the labour hire providers) engaging unlicensed providers.
- The Scheme commenced on 29 April 2019, when labour hire providers could commence applying for a licence, and will be enforced from 30 October 2019.
- In order to provide labour hire services, labour hire providers must hold a licence from 30 October 2019 , or risk significant penalties.
- Host businesses must not enter arrangements with unlicensed labour hire providers from 30 October 2019 onwards, or face significant penalties. This means that any existing contracts/arrangements hosts have with providers should be re-examined.
Read our White Paper What your business needs to know about Victoria’s new Labour Hire Scheme for further background on the new Labour Hire Scheme.
To find out more about how the Scheme will directly impact host businesses, read our article, Facing the New Labour Hire Scheme Head On.
We want to help you
With the complexities arising from the Scheme, we’d like to help you prepare for the changes so you can be confident entering into arrangements with labour hire providers.
FREE Compliance Check
We offer a FREE Compliance Check to host businesses wishing to understand what actions they need to take ahead of 30 October. This check includes:
- An assessment of your current or proposed contracts with labour hire providers
- Checks to confirm your providers are licenced
- An assessment of the cost impacts to your business, now that labour hire providers must meet new obligations under the Scheme
- Suggestions for ways your business can mitigate against probable cost rises.
Contact us today to arrange your FREE Compliance Check.
It’s in the best interests of everyone to comply with Victoria’s new Labour Hire Scheme. Sitting back and waiting to see what happens is not an option. Contact us now to ensure you are ready for 30 October 2019.